Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How to make an IRA Charitable Rollover gift to benefit WPT
- Contact your IRA plan administrator and request that a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) be transferred directly to Friends of Wisconsin Public Television, Inc.
- Your IRA funds of cash or stock in any amount (up to $100,000) will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you are gifting cash, direct your plan administrator to make your gift to:
Friends of Wisconsin Public Television, Inc.
821 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706
Federal Tax ID: 23-7300462
If you are gifting stock, direct your plan administrator to transfer your stock to our account at:
Robert W. Baird & Co.
c/o Sandy Gehler
8000 Excelsior Dr., Suite 302
Madison, WI 53717-1914
DTC number: 0547
Account name: Friends of Wisconsin Public Television
Account number: 34-89-7527
When you make an IRA gift to WPT, please email or call us to let us know. We’ll need your name, address, and phone number so we can properly credit you when your gift arrives.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.