News and Public Affairs Unit
Wisconsin Life: Student Production Assistant / Intern
Assist in the production of WPT’s Wisconsin Life television series. Wisconsin Life is a multi-platform, collaborative project of Wisconsin Public Television and Wisconsin Public Radio. Training will be provided.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Write and post digital copy, upload videos and other content to program and station websites.
2. Research and generate story ideas for the Wisconsin Life project.
3. Maintain and update project’s CMS (content management system) database and electronic archives of story information.
4. Contribute content to project’s social media sites by posting content and working to develop audience engagement.
5. Assist reporters/producers with research, transcribe field tapes and provide production support to project team during on-location video shoots, as availability allows, throughout Wisconsin.
6. Serve as a liaison between series production team and viewers. Call people featured in stories to verify information and inform them of scheduled airdates.
7. Other related responsibilities, as assigned by WPT’s Executive Producer of News and Public Affairs Unit and the Series Producer of Wisconsin Life.
- Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-directed, responsible and curious about life in Wisconsin.
- Must have demonstrated writing skills, ideally familiarity with A.P. style. Must be able to work with digital files.
- Must be available at least 15 hours per week and may work as many as 20 hours per week. Hours per day and days per week are flexible based on class schedule and availability.
- Must be available beginning in late Fall 2017. Expectation to be available year-round.
- Broadcast Journalism or Communications majors preferred but not mandatory.
WHAT YOU GET
- Opportunity to produce stories for broadcast. This opportunity to do so increases with demonstrated initiative and length of time in this position.
- Opportunity to receive training in videography and editing. This opportunity to do so increases with demonstrated initiative and length of time in this position.
- Experience working on a statewide television series / great resume material.
- Working relationship with award-winning professional journalists.
- $10.00 per hour with increases possible. Or, for the first semester, a “for credit” independent study.
This position is to be filled immediately. Contact WPT’s Wisconsin Life Series Producer Kelly Saran by sending a resume and cover letter to Kelly.email@example.com
Deadline: Wednesday, September 20, 2017