Official Title: Associate Administrative Specialist
Responsible for activities that support Wisconsin Public Television’s Corporate & Community Development Department. This position oversees internal and external client communications and services; spot production processes; maintenance of databases; financial record-keeping, income reporting and administrative support. In addition, this position supports aspects of Auction and special events at WPT. Reports to Manager of Corporate & Community Development.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide friendly, professional and timely support of the Corporate & Community Development team.
2. Maintain and update database of corporate sponsors and prospects. Prepare reports and sponsor schedules, search and sort material in ProTrack for analysis, renewals, mailings and other marketing activity. Ensure accurate sponsors information, profiles and history. Execute activity checklists.
3. Manage spot production for business sponsors of Wisconsin Public Television including creative asset acquisition, script preparation, spot production document execution, and spot approval with sponsors. Serve as main contact between Wisconsin Public Television and external partners/sponsors. Communicate effectively with participating organizations and station departments including ECB, UWEX, Friends of WHA-TV, accounting, audience services, development, programming, promotion and design, and production.
4. Support the development efforts of WPT management and committees. Provide external partners with telephone customer service including response to inquiries, solicitations and acknowledgement of sponsor activity.
5. Maintain, update and distribute financial records and reports, create client invoices and provide analysis and responses internally and with ECB, UWEX and Friends of WPT. Provide support including written and telephone communications in response to inquiries. Support the use of the A/R module.
6. Create and/or edit materials, such as sponsorship proposals, broadcast inventories and program descriptions, marketing collateral, sponsor correspondence, recognition lists and Airwaves profiles. Prepare, assemble, organize and merge material and execute mailings. Prepare materials and provide support during meetings and special events as necessary. Maintain accurate sponsor recognition online for on-air sponsors and project funders. Update the Corporate Development component of wpt.org as required.
7. Inform department of schedule changes that impact sponsors. Work with Programming and Traffic to identify sponsor opportunities on monthly PBS specials. Distribute schedule details to staff in regional office.
8. Provide support for special events including Quilt Expo, Garden Expo, Auction, and other activities as needed.
9. Provide research support for sponsor prospecting, viewership data and audience profiles.
10. Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in all workplace interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships.
11. Comply with UW and UWEX code of ethics: http://bami.uwex.edu/broadcasting-and-media-innovations-ethical-guidelines.
12. Other duties as assigned.
• Microsoft Office and other computer software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, FileMaker Pro).
• Accurate data entry and analysis using diverse data sources.
• Compose clear and compelling letters, descriptions, newsletters and other marketing materials; prepare and/or edit forms, agreements and other materials.
• Compile financial information and interpret and analyze audience data and other research.
• Clear helpful and productive communication with clients, staff and external contacts.
• Ability to work independently.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially editing and proofreading.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize to meet deadlines, and manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to create and maintain sound administrative and financial records.
Desirable but not Required Qualifications
• Commitment to the mission of public broadcasting.
• Experience working with diverse complex organizations.
Salary: We expect to pay in the low-40s but actual pay will be dependent upon qualifications and experience. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life insurance, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employer paid training and development, generous paid vacation and sick leave.
How to apply: Please submit your application through our applicant portal https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu by 10/1/17 for best consideration. If you are a current UW System employee use http://bit.ly/2n9AibS. This is job ID#_____. Please submit: A cover letter outlining how your experience and skills relate to this position, along with a detailed resume; and a list of three references including email addresses; at least one must be a supervisory reference.
Questions? Contact: Alex Behnke, Wisconsin Public Television, 821 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706; 608-263-0477; firstname.lastname@example.org.
A criminal records review will be conducted for final candidates. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Convictions and pending charges will be considered only if they are substantially related to the circumstances of this position.
Employment is contingent on establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
It is the policy of UW-Extension to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact the person listed above.
As a unit within the University of Wisconsin Extension, WPT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and no qualified applicant will be eliminated from consideration. WPT is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our state and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.