Working Title: Finance Manager
Official Title: Financial Program Manager III
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Availability: Open until filled, for best consideration apply by 5/22/2019
The Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) Finance Manager has primary roles in the financial activities of the statewide, multi-faceted media organization including developing and monitoring station and project budgets, managing financial aspects of grants, and overseeing the financial tracking and reporting of WPT’s project and production activities. This position requires facility with financial management and the ability to engage with people in understanding a complex financial system. This person is an excellent communicator and problem-solver; works in a timely and responsive manner and has a key role in helping station leadership make decisions. The Finance Manager supervises staff and works closely with WPT’s fundraising partner, the Friends of Wisconsin Public Television. The Finance Manager reports to WPT’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) and is responsive to Wisconsin Public Media’s (WPM) Director of Business Services.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICIATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- At least five years of business and financial management experience, ideally in a university or non-profit setting.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with management, partners, and staff at all levels.
- Superb financial judgment and analytical skills; knowledge of finance best practices; experience with complex financial policies and processes; ability to develop budgets that have multiple income sources/streams; and discernment to review, analyze and detect anomalies in project and other proposed budgets.
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of computer applications, automated accounting systems and general financial applications. Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Helpful nature and strong problem-solving skills and experience.
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Past experience with financial management or administration in a public media organization.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
SALARY: Expected salary range for this position is $65,000 up to $90,000 for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications. The University of Wisconsin offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employer paid training and development, generous paid vacation and sick leave. For more information see: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf.
How to Apply
To ensure consideration apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/501148/finance-manager by May 22, 2019. All of the following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications; 3) At least three professional references including e-mail and phone contact information; at least one must be a supervisory reference
Questions? Contact: Betsy Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-262-5221.
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world. The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://oed.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.