Official Title: Office Operations Associate
Appointment: University Staff 60% for period through 7/31/18; Pay $14-15/hour
Location: Madison Wisconsin
Support fundraising and community engagement by recruiting, coordinating and training volunteers for large annual events including WPT Auction, Quilt Expo and Garden Expo and by planning or assisting with other events for donors and the community. In partnership with the volunteer coordinator for membership drives, manage and support WPT’s large and complex volunteer program of more than 2,000 volunteers annually. This position reports to the Auction Manager and Volunteer Manager, Events.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Logistics. Schedule and coordinate volunteers for annual events including Garden Expo, Quilt Expo and WPT Auction, and for other activities using volunteers as needed. Plan volunteer recognition events such as the annual volunteer picnic.
· Personnel Management. Plan and oversee training for Auction and Expo volunteers. Evaluate volunteer performance and address issues in a timely, constructive and tactful manner. Recruit and develop volunteers for leadership roles. Support volunteer operations at other events, including regular evening and weekend staffing for 4 annual membership drives. Cultivate strong and lasting relationships with volunteers through personal contact and recognition.
· Promotion and Marketing. Market Auction, Garden Expo and Quilt Expo volunteer opportunities to diverse individuals and groups via e-mail, mail and the web. Develop materials to promote volunteer opportunities. Act as author and editor of e-mail and print volunteer newsletters, working with designer for layout. Manage the volunteer web pages at wpt.org and Volunteer Program social media. Work with WPT staff to integrate volunteers into station work and activities.
2.COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ENGAGEMENT
· Database Management. Maintain the attendee databases for Garden Expo and Quilt Expo. Establish policies for data entry. Supervise and train volunteers and staff who enter data and use database.
· Engagement Events. Create and manage assigned engagement projects, including occasional film screenings, forums/discussions, and other events.
· Manage Reel to Real program. Manage WPT’s free community film program which makes an extensive catalog of video programming available to non-profits throughout Wisconsin. Communicate with partner organizations and assist them in securing titles and developing and promoting events.
· Recruit, train, motivate and reward WPT’s volunteer force.
· Use computerized database to schedule, track and report on volunteer program.
· Communicate clearly and tactfully verbally and in writing with members, volunteers, colleagues and community partners.
· Previous experience working with Volunteers
· Ability to function both independently and collaboratively with little or no direct supervision
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, including the ability maintain a calm and professional demeanor in stressful conditions.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and change focus quickly while maintaining accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
· Experience working with technology including: information databases and Microsoft Office Suite including MS Access. Comfort learning new technologies.
· Commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and a narrative/cover letter carefully detailing how your experience relates to the qualifications and duties of this position; and a list including email addresses, for three to five work references, including at least one supervisory reference. Send your materials to: Mike.email@example.com by January 12.
This is a part time (24 hours per week) temporary position without benefits that will end 7/31/18.