Working Title: Director of Production
Official Title: Director, Unspecified (7)
Unit: Wisconsin Public Television
Location: Madison, WI
The Director of Production leads Wisconsin Public Television’s (WPT) Production Department, serves on the WPT’s Leadership (Senior Management) team and reports to the Director of Television. The Director of Production has overall responsibility for creating, developing, implementing and evaluating WPT productions, for department budgeting and managing department staff. Working in collaboration with other departments, the Director of Production is responsible for the successful, strategic integration of Production with other units and activities, including Programming, Digital, Community Engagement, Education, Marketing and Development. The position requires a person with creativity, drive, ability to lead and manage staff and projects, and to play a key role in WPT’s strategic reinvention and sustaining our mission to boldly enrich, educate and entertain diverse audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Television Production, Communications or related field and a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience in television/video production; or any equivalent combination of experience and training. Minimum 4 years’ experience directly managing staff.
- Accomplished Media producer and digital content creator with in-depth knowledge and ability in television production systems, tools and workflow.
- A future orientation with drive to evaluate and reinvent our work.
- Project development and management with experience in multi-platform and cross functional approaches.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills including providing constructive feedback.
- Experience in integrating education/community engagement with media production.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills individually and in a team setting; collaboration skills that actively support a productive, respectful work environment.
- Proven leadership skills, project administration and budget planning.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Collaborative, generous, enthusiastic and creative colleague.
- Working knowledge of media rights, copyright and standards
- Public Television experience.
- Engaged community member with volunteer and other community engagement experience.
WPT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills. UW-Extension provides a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employer paid training and development, generous paid vacation and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, please apply by 6/6/18 through https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu/. If you are a current UW System employee use http://bit.ly/2n9AibS. This is Job ID#14305. Applications must contain a) Detailed resume; b) 1-2 page cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the qualifications and duties of this position; c) Three video work samples with a description of exactly what your role was on each of the projects; and d) A list of three to five professional references with contact information and e-mail address; at least one must be a supervisory reference.
Direct inquiries and online support requests to: Christine Whitten, Wisconsin Public Television, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, 608-263-0477, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A criminal records review will be conducted for final candidates. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Convictions and pending charges will be considered only if they are substantially related to the circumstances of this position.
Employment is contingent on establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
It is the policy of UW-Extension to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact: email@example.com
As a unit within the University of Wisconsin Extension, WPT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and no qualified applicant will be eliminated from consideration. WPT is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our state and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.