Official Title: Office Associate
Appointment: University Staff Temporary Employee
Location: Madison, WI
Availability: For best consideration please respond by 1/31/18
About Wisconsin Public Television
Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) creates content that educates, informs and inspires. To do this, WPT offers programming that expands the minds of children, documentaries that open up new worlds, non-commercialized news programs that keep citizens informed on world events and cultures, and programs that expose Wisconsin to the worlds of music, theater, dance and art.
WPT is seeking a self-motivated individual to join their Development department as an Administrative Assistant. This position will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative, clerical, and office maintenance duties.
In return, WPT will provide an opportunity to gain experience in development practices, philanthropy, public broadcasting, and build familiarity with the day-to-day operations of a state-wide nonprofit organization. The Development Assistant will report to the Major Giving Associate and Senior Manager of Philanthropy, and will support the Major & Planned Giving department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Prepare, proof, distribute and send correspondence as directed ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
· Support processing of finance deposits and documentation as needed.
· Create, update, and maintain donor file records with new files and information, following policies and confidentiality to safeguard information and data.
· Assist in special event pre-preparations and on-site support as required.
· Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
· Record donor interaction notices in donor database, print, and file for records.
· Attend department and staff meetings.
Individual must possess the knowledge and following skills or abilities to be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to maintain a high level of customer service.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member and be able to multi-task and prioritize projects.
• Excellent communication skills.
- Microsoft Office and other computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and word merge skills
- Strong organizational skills with memory for and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to adapt to a variety of communication styles
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new technologies
- Ability to change focus quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an effective team
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Comply with UW and UWEX code of ethics: http://bami.uwex.edu/.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours, and Start Date Flexible within business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
A commitment of 20 hours per week is preferred. The position will start at a mutually agreed upon date. Work will be performed at 821 University Avenue, on the UW Madison campus. We expect to pay approximately $14.00 per hour, based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must contain a detailed resume with a one-two page cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the qualifications and duties of this position; and a list of three professional references with contact information and e-mail address; at least one must be a supervisory reference. Apply by Wednesday, January 31 for best consideration. Final deadline is Thursday, February 15, 2018.
Direct applications to: Pete Schwieger, Wisconsin Public Television, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, 608-263-2131, email@example.com.