Official Title: Associate Television Artist
Availability: Open until filled, for best consideration, respond by March 30, 2018
The Animator is responsible for a variety of project assignments that support the productions of Wisconsin Public Television (WPT). The Animator will create and assist in the creation of animation productions and projects. Some will be stand-alone projects and others will be artistic components of other video productions. As part of the Animation and Scenic Design Unit, this person will also assist with design and/or construction of scenic productions and events. This individual exhibits strong art and design sensibilities, good communication skills, organizational abilities and a teamwork mindset. Work schedule sometimes includes evenings, weekends, and occasional overnight travel. This position reports to the Animation and Scenic Design Manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create animations, art and graphics for WPT productions and projects.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with producing staff to ensure optimum artistic quality and impact of productions.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other departments such as Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, Operations, Production and Special Events.
- Maintain records of productions (archive video, storyboards, animatics, sketches).
- Assist with scenic tasks in whatever capacity is needed. Such work can include, but is not limited to, carpentry, painting, scenic set-ups and strikes.
- Comply with UW and UWEX code of ethics: http://bami.uwex.edu/broadcasting-and-media-innovations-ethical-guidelines.
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by Animation and Scenic Design Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Artistic sensibilities in composition, color, form and motion.
Work at computer for long periods.
- Education/training normally acquired by attending a university, technical or vocational college.
- At least one year of professional animation experience.
- Track record of consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, work independently as well as in teams.
- Excellent communication skills, a desire to learn, and a proactive attitude.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Experience with Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop software.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 Lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of copyright protocol.
Familiarity with power tools and shop safety.
We expect to pay in the low- to mid-40s with actual pay dependent upon experience and qualifications. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package. The overview of benefits can be seen here: http://www.uwsa.edu/hr/benefits/uben.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration, please apply through www.careers.wisconsin.edu by March 30, 2018. This is job #14121. If you are a current UW System employee use http://bit.ly/2n9AibS. Please include in your application a detailed resume; a narrative (up to two pages) carefully detailing how your experience relates to the qualifications and duties of this position; and a list including email addresses and phone numbers for three to five work references, including at least one who was a supervisor. In addition, submit links to samples that represent your animation and art skills. Please detail your role in each sample.
Direct inquiries and online support questions to: Betsy Nelson, Wisconsin Public Television, 821 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, 608-262-5221; email@example.com.
A criminal records review will be conducted for final candidates. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Convictions and pending charges will be considered only if they are substantially related to the circumstances of this position.
Employment is contingent on establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
It is the policy of UW-Extension to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact person listed above.
As a unit within the University of Wisconsin Extension, WPT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and no qualified applicant will be eliminated from consideration. WPT is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our state and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.