We hope everyone had a great time celebrating ways to "Get Up & Go" across Wisconsin last Friday! To keep that level of activity going, why not celebrate National Exercise with Your Child Week?
Children need 60 minutes of physical activity every day, but when you are having fun together, time flies! Here are some family-friendly ideas on how to get everyone off the couch and out the door:
- Have a hula hooping contest for the whole family.
- Set up a badminton or volleyball net in your hard and challenge your kids to a match.
- Get out the jump ropes and jump in the driveway.
- Sign up for a class together- dance, yoga, tennis, anything!
- Take a bike ride together.
Kids can be excellent motivators. So while you are helping your kids stay active, you too are getting your recommended daily exercise and improving your overall well-being!
Adapted from letsmove.gov/