A panel of teens and adult counselors will field questions from youth around the state and will highlight several resources available to teens affected by child abuse.
Premiere date: Oct 09, 2012
About the Program
Teen Connection looks at the current state of child abuse in Wisconsin. A panel of teens and adult counselors will field questions from youth around the state and will highlight several resources available to teens affected by child abuse.
Joining the program to answer questions about child abuse in Wisconsin are Family Services Sexual Assault Center and Willow Tree Child Advocacy Center director Susan Lockwood, Reach Counseling Services prevention educator Joshua Puls, and CASA of Brown County (Court Appointed Special Advocates) clinical social worker Adrianne Fletcher.
- In 2010, over three million reports of child abuse and neglect were made in the U.S. Approximately 772,000 children were found to have been victims of abuse or neglect
- In 2010 in Wisconsin there were:
- 39,706 reports of child abuse
- 1,036 substantiated cases of physical abuse
- 1,400 substantiated cases of sexual abuse
- 45 substantiated cases of emotional abuse
- 2,845 substantiated cases of child neglect
- 19 substantiated cases of a child having died because of child abuse or neglect
Awareness to Action is an initiative focused on preventing child sexual abuse by helping adults and communities take action to protect children
Child Advocacy Centers of Wisconsin is currently composed of thirteen Child Advocacy Centers (CACs) located in Milwaukee, Kenosha, the Fox Valley, Janesville, Marshfield area, La Crosse, Waukesha, Wausau, Eau Claire, Racine, Madison, Walworth and Green Counties.
Toll-free phone service is provided by Nsight Long Distance.
Host Kathryn Bracho appears courtesy of WBAY-TV/Green Bay.