Official Title: Associate or Intermediate Administrative Specialist
Appointment: Academic Staff 70-100% fixed term appointment
Availability: Open until filled, for best consideration, apply by 5P 12/27/13
Responsible for activities that support Wisconsin Public Television’s Corporate and Community Development Department in a sales team environment. This position (70-100%) includes oversight for internal and external client and prospect communications and servicing; development and maintenance of databases; financial record-keeping and income reporting and administrative support. Reports to Manager of Corporate and Community Development.
For a less than 100% appointment, hours are flexible within a Monday – Friday normal business week. Daily coverage preferred.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and update database of corporate clients and prospects. Prepare reports, search and sort material in databases for analysis, renewals, mailings and other marketing activity. Insure accurate client information, profiles and history. Execute activity checklists.
- Provide communication and liaison to other key participating organizations and station departments including ECB, UWEX, Friends of WHA-TV, accounting, audience services, development, programming, promotion and design, outreach and production. Insure in-house paperwork and communication takes place. Support the development efforts of WPT management and committees. Provide external clients with telephone customer service including response to inquiries, solicitations and acknowledgement of client activity.
- Provide research support for client prospecting, viewership data and audience profiles.
- Create and/or edit materials, such as production proposals, program inventory descriptions, marketing collateral, newsletters, client correspondence, recognition lists and Airwaves profiles. Prepare, assemble, organize and merge material and execute mailings. Prepare materials and provide support during meetings and special events as necessary. Create and/or edit Corporate Development section of Web site and electronic newsletters and maintain distribution lists for e-news.
- Develop, maintain and edit schedule grids. Inform department of schedule changes that impact underwriters. Create “specials list for approval by Programming and Traffic. Distribute specials list to colleagues in regional underwriting office, traffic and programming departments.
- Maintain, update and distribute financial records and reports, review invoicing and provide analysis and responses internally and with ECB, UWEX and Friends of WHA-TV. Provide support including written and telephone communications in response to inquiries.
- Provide support in a variety of special events including Quilt and Garden Expo, Auction, program preview screenings, informational booths and other activities and projects as needed.
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions, including communication and decision-making.
- Comply with UW and UWEX code of ethics and ethics guidelines established by WPR/WPT, shown here: http://www.uwex.edu/bami/ethics.cfm
- Other duties as assigned.
Accurate data entry and analysis using diverse data sources
Compose clear and compelling letters, descriptions, newsletters and other marketing materials; prepare and/or edit forms, agreements and other materials.
Compile financial information an interpret and analyze audience data and other research
Clear helpful and productive communication with clients, staff and external contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two or more years of full‑time experience in administrative support for fundraising, corporate development, sales support or related administrative support
- Demonstrated success in maintenance and support for customer/client databases.
- High level computer skills including experience with common office applications and databases.
- Superior/effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions.
Experience with desktop publishing software and layout
Understanding of database functioning and management
Experience with Web Content maintenance
Familiarity with sales environments.
Interest or experience in television/radio/media or non-profit organization
SALARY: The range for this position is $31,783 to 54,638. Official title and actual pay and percentage of appointment will be dependent upon qualifications and experience. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online through applicant portal following URLs below. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, please submit by 12/27/2013 at 5:00 p. m.
- A detailed resume.
- A narrative (up to two pages) carefully detailing HOW your experience compares to the job duties, qualifications, functions and desirable functions for this position at this organization.
- Names and contact information, including email addresses, for three to five work references, including at least one supervisory reference.
- Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs). https://helpdesk.wisc.edu/images/group61/21900/TAMFAQ_CandidateGateway.pdf
- Link for External applicants. Click on Advanced search link. Enter Job opening ID: 9411. Access FAQs by clidking on “help” link
- Link for Internal applicants (current employee of the University of Wisconsin) System. Click on Advanced search link. Enter Job opening ID: 9411
Successful candidate will be required to provide documentation of credentials. Prior to appointment to this position, a criminal records review will be conducted. UWEX complies with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination on the basis of arrest and/or conviction record.
Direct inquiries and Online Support Questions to:
Wisconsin Public Television
821 University Avenue
Madison, Wisconsin 53706