WISCONSIN PUBLIC TELEVISION
SUMMER INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION – Young Performers Initiative Production Assistant Internship
Young Performers Initiative is a statewide effort to raise the visibility of the arts, celebrate the creative achievements of Wisconsin youth and support the arts in education. Led by Public Broadcasting in Wisconsin, in partnership with Wisconsin School Music Association, this initiative shines a spotlight on Wisconsin’s talented young performers and those who inspire them.
This position will act as Young Performers Initiative Production Assistant on YPI productions including a production with First Wave Spoken Word and Hip Hop Theater Ensemble. This work will potentially involve all aspects of production work and video editing for web content as well. Strong communication and basic computer skills are essential to the role.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Summer Affirmative Action Internship Program (SAAIP), you must be:
- A full-time Wisconsin student or out of state student enrolled in a college/university, or vocational technical program in the state of Wisconsin, AND
- A current student who will be retain their student status for the duration of the internship, or has completed at least one year of a 2 year technical college program.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in pre-production
- Field based production and post-production
- Organization and post-production potentially including the organization and acquisition of release forms, copyright clearances, credit list and other materials
- Some work in editing videos for online use on the YPI website
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic computer and online skills
- Competent written and oral communication ability
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Interest in developing broadcast skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere
- Knowledge of video production
- Social networking skills
- Preferred Field(s) of Study: Digital Media, Communication Arts, Radio/Television/Film
Work will be performed M-F, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks, in Vilas Hall, 821 University Avenue (on Madison Metro bus lines). Pay is $10 per hour.
To apply, send a resume and a personal essay outlining your interest in and suitability for this internship to: Alex Behnke, 821 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706 or email@example.com. For best consideration, please submit your materials by March 17, 2017.