WISCONSIN PUBLIC TELEVISION
SUMMER INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION – EDUCATION OUTREACH & COMMUNICATIONS
Wisconsin Public Television seeks an intern to join the Education team for Summer 2017. The ideal candidate is considering a career in communications, education or non-profit management, and is interested in public media. Strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills are essential.
You will work with our education specialists, promotions and events teams to develop our resources and strategy to promote new and existing educational resources to the K-12 educational community. You will have the opportunity to be a part of collaboration between WPT departments internally and with external partners to serve educators and create resources.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Summer Affirmative Action Internship Program (SAAIP), you must be:
- A full-time Wisconsin student or out of state student enrolled in a college/university, or vocational technical program in the state of Wisconsin, AND
- A current student who will be a junior in the fall following the internship, or has completed at least one year of a 2 year technical college program.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write, edit and post content for WPT Education social media sites, blog and newsletter
- Follow strategies for effective posting content on social media
- Participate in the planning and implementation of educator surveys and focus groups
- Keep current on issues of importance and interest to educators and suggest opportunities to connect to WPT Education content
- Contribute to the promotional and outreach calendar for the 2017-18 school year
- Represent WPT Education at events such as Get Up and Go day
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic computer, social media and online skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and interest in public media’s service to educators
- Social networking skills
- Background in education, communications or non-profit management
- Event planning
Work will be performed M-F, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks, in Vilas Hall, 821 University Avenue (on Madison Metro bus lines). Pay is $10 per hour.
To apply, send a resume and a personal essay outlining your interest in and suitability for this internship to: Alex Behnke, 821 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration, please submit your materials by March 16, 2017.