WISCONSIN PUBLIC TELEVISION
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Official Title: Office Operations Associate
Appointment: University Staff 60% FTE
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Availability: Open until filled; for best consideration apply by June 28
The membership Assistant will support Wisconsin Public Television’s fundraising success by ensuring timely and accurate processing of donations and supporting membership drive operations.
Hours will increase during times of high workload, mainly November through March. The schedule for daily work hours is negotiable and flexible within regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
During membership drives (6 weeks per year, mainly in December and March), the work schedule will include 5-15 hours per week of evening and/or weekend coverage, with hours set based on needs and availability.
- Data Processing (70%)
- Direct mail receipt entry
- Accurately enter donation receipts.
- Monitor direct mail schedule for timely data entry.
- Review donor information, make address, e-mail and name corrections to account as necessary.
- Infer and make decisions on donor intent when vague or unclear on reply forms.
- Follow protocol for security of personal information.
- Process matching gifts and donations made through alternative giving platforms (e.g. vehicle donations) as requested.
- Direct mail receipt entry
- General Membership Program Support (25%)
- Supervise data entry by volunteers and call center representatives during on-air membership drives, filling pre-assigned evening and weekend shifts.
- Support WPT Store and membership thank-you gift fulfillment as requested.
- Other Duties as assigned (5%)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process membership transactions, manipulate data and manage member records with exceptional accuracy and timeliness to meet deadlines.
- Use software for communication and data processing.
- Handle member information with discretion and in accordance with data security protocols.
- Communicate clearly and positively with staff, volunteers and members.
- Work productively in a shared workspace with moderate background noise.
- Work at a computer for several hours at a time.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional attention to detail to process thousands of time-sensitive member transactions annually, with efficiency and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use and quickly learn common office software (Microsoft Office, databases).
- Self-management skills to carry out tasks and meet deadlines independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively, both verbally and in writing.
- Resiliency to manage stress in times of heavy workload.
- Commitment to respectful, open workplace communications.
- Availability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours during membership drives.
DESIRABLE JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior success in a role that included significant data entry, either paid or volunteer.
- Prior experience using a donor or customer database.
- Appreciation for the services and mission of public broadcasting.
The expected pay for this position is $14.25 - $15 per hour; actual pay will be dependent upon qualifications and experience. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employer paid training and development, generous paid vacation and sick leave.
How to Apply
For best consideration, external applicants may submit all application materials online at our applicant portal https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu by 6/28/17. If you are a current UW System employee use http://bit.ly/2n9AibS Please include a cover letter explaining how your experience compares to the job duties and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names and contact information for at least three references, including at least one supervisor.
Direct inquiries and online support questions to: Alex Behnke, Wisconsin Public Television, 821 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, 608-263-0477; firstname.lastname@example.org.
A criminal records review will be conducted for final candidates. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Convictions and pending charges will be considered only if they are substantially related to the circumstances of this position.
Employment is contingent on establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
It is the policy of UW-Extension to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact person listed above.
As a unit within the University of Wisconsin Extension, WPT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and no qualified applicant will be eliminated from consideration. WPT is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our state and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.