WISCONSIN PUBLIC TELEVISION
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Official Title: Office Operations Associate
Appointment: University Staff 100% appointment
Location: Madison, WI
Availability: For best consideration, apply for Sunday, August 13
Works primarily in the Audience Services (AS) office with backup at the front desk, providing the highest standard of customer service while assisting and servicing the viewers, listeners and members of Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) and Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR). Main responsibilities include resolving audience issues with particular attention to WPT membership, reporting and generating revenue as possible. Also manages email communication through the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox, handles WPT Store processing, manages the Program Notice File, and participates in WPT Membership Drives as a Data Entry Supervisor several times each year. This position reports to the Audience Services Manager.
- Using organizational business rules and customer service standards, independently research and respond to verbal and written audience issues and requests using multiple databases and resources.
- Serve as membership specialist and primary contact for WPT members. Handle issues regarding processing and recording of membership payments, benefits, store orders, and premium thank-you gifts/memorial gifts.
- Create and maintain accurate member records, including personal information and interactions, in the membership database. Record interactions and archive resolved issues as appropriate.
- Transcribe daily voice mail messages from viewer and membership voicemail boxes into separate databases and add additional details appropriately.
- Create and distribute weekly Viewer Comments Report from the AS database. Analyze data to provide weekly bulleted summary of issues with comments and monthly recap of issues, including selected viewer comments.
- Provide administrative support to WPT and WPR staff. Screen and transfer incoming phone calls to appropriate staff. Note and distribute urgent messages. Assist staff with general inquiries and scheduling of 4 conference rooms. Perform general duties such as filing, copying, preparing mailings and data entry.
- Serve as a departmental back-up, covering the front desk and checking WPR voicemails as needed.
- Create monthly report from programming database and notify viewers interested in specific program schedules.
- Create and distribute topic-specific viewer programming comment reports and viewer information to various departments upon request.
- Organize and guide tours of Wisconsin Public Television.
- Generate membership revenue when possible during interactions with members.
- Contribute to night and weekend television pledge drives by supervising volunteers, inspecting data entry, and processing overflow voice mail pledges for up to three shifts per drive.
- Serve as primary departmental liaison for television programming, including attending and reporting on monthly meetings and apprising AS on upcoming programming changes, programs of interest and possible controversy. Additionally serve as technical liaison with television technical operations regarding transmission issues, including technology upgrades.
- Ensure general security and report any suspicious behavior with appropriate urgency.
- Participate actively and productively in meetings and organizational committees. Provide AS with updates as needed. Recognize and recommend opportunities for process improvements.
- Stay abreast of developments in Audience and Member Services, WPT and WPR, by reading relevant materials as well as attending meetings and trainings.
- Support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and work productively, respectfully, and successfully with people from diverse groups.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a friendly and outgoing attitude to create a welcoming atmosphere and provide excellent customer service for guests, staff, members and volunteers on the telephone and in person.
- Type/input data efficiently with few or no errors.
- Operate a computer while seated for extended periods to correspond with audience members, log calls in real-time, research answers, conduct file maintenance on databases and perform other general duties
- Occasionally lift boxes weighing up to 20 lb. when handling membership gift/premium returns.
- Operate and manage web-based call distribution software as well as a Fujistu Limited telephone.
- Lead walking tours through different levels of a 7-story building with elevator access.
- At least two years’ experience in customer service, membership, direct marketing, fundraising, or other related field which includes using databases and working directly with donors or customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work areas independently with appropriate direction and judgment.
- Ability to respond to continually shifting priorities in a positive, helpful manner.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Desire to learn new skills and assume new duties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and web browsers. Must be willing and able to learn and become proficient at Call Center Anywhere Web-based Telephone System, Team Approach Membership database, Filemaker Pro and Web-based store program.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of WPR and WPT.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends during membership drives.
The salary range for this position starts at $14.25 per hour; actual pay will be dependent upon qualifications and experience. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employer paid training and development, generous paid vacation and sick leave.
How to Apply
- For best consideration, please apply through www.careers.wisconsin.edu by Sunday, August 13, 2017. Applications must include a resume with a one-two page cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the qualifications and duties of this position and a list of three professional references with contact information and e-mail address; at least one must be a supervisory reference.
Direct inquiries and online support requests to: Alex Behnke, Wisconsin Public Television, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, 608-263-0477, email@example.com. Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs). To do so, paste the following URL into your browser. External applicants can also view the FAQs after accessing the online system by clicking on the "Help" link in the upper right corner. https://helpdesk.wisc.edu/images/group61/21900/TAMFAQ_CandidateGateway.pdf
This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling the person listed above.
The successful applicant will be required to provide documentation of credentials. Prior to appointment to this position, a criminal records review will be conducted. UWEX complies with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination on the basis of arrest and/or conviction record.
An offer of employment is contingent upon establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
As a unit within the University of Wisconsin Extension, WPT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and no qualified applicant will be eliminated from consideration. WPT is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our state and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.